If you are thinking of throwing a party but you are wanting to spice it up a little then you should consider some theme parties ideas.
Research has shown that the most memorable parties are always theme parties. Take a look at the following theme party ideas.
1. Casino – You can hire in all the professional staff if you like, or just run it yourself! Charge an amount for a quantity of fake money of which everybody gets the same. This way real money can be won, but nobody loses more than anybody else. You can also have a karaoke machine set up for this party theme.
2. French – For the French theme party, you get to make fun of all the various French stereotypes. Dress as a Frenchman in a horizontal black and white stripy top, garlic necklace and beret. Eat French food and drink French wine all the while listening to French cafe music.
3. Masquerade – The essence of the Masquerade party is to dress up in elaborate costumes. The very important thing is to conceal your face by using a mask. At no point in the evening should you reveal your identity. Its incredible what you can get away with when you become another character and nobody knows who you are.
4. Hawaiian – The Hawaiian Luau party should ideally be held on the beach but could also be staged in your back garden! There should be a shed or “surf shack” to act as the bar where all the Hawaiian cocktails are made! You could perhaps hire a professional cocktail maker to mix drinks for your guests.
5. Cocktail – The cocktail party was traditionally the before part of an actual dinner party but has over time evolved to become a party in its own right! You should try and make it a classy affair with black tie. Play classical music and hire waiters to serve the food and drinks on trays.