Various types of First Aid course certifications are available and these depend wholly on the degree and type of certification one prefers to get. Here’s a comprehensive guide to such courses:
1) A certification can even come for free or at minimum cost if you opt for a basic course. Even advanced courses aren’t that prohibitively expensive and would probably cost around $50 to $100 at best depending of course, on the advanced degree of the course.
2) These courses may be taken by either individuals or whole groups. Most courses are known for their user-friendliness and are often customized for people with hectic schedules even.
3) An additional advantage is online facilities for CPR training and first aid training at greatly reduced rates.
4) A first aid course certification is always valuable because it trains you to provide emergency first aid to your children, spouse, elderly parents, pets, neighbors as also to strangers. For instance, you may opt for pediatric first aid course certification as a parent with young children as also infants. It is often seen that infants choke over their feed at times which could be fatal if adequate first aid is not provided.
5) For older children, an injury caused by a fall may lead to severe bleeding which if not treated immediately can lead to disaster. These courses make sure to cover all general injuries pertaining to children and infants and how to provide first aid to them.
6) You can even opt for CPR first aid course certification which is essential for respiratory problems that is induced by sudden choking or drowning. These courses train you to recognize an emergency first and to take initial correctional measures. These courses also train you handle sudden cardiac arrests and bone fractures and particularly for the latter, on how to transport the patient to the nearest hospital without further injury during movement and to prevent casualties.
7) There are also AED or automated external defibrillator courses which teach you top read an automated device that indicates the patient’s condition and the course of action to be taken. These courses are available online but make sure to check their authenticity and values of their certification before enrolling. The Red Cross Society, National Safety Council and the American Health Association are the most widely recognized institutions to give this kind of training.
First aid course certification has become mandatory for all citizens who are aware of the fact that an accident can happen at any moment and one has to be prepared to tackle them immediately. You could have a serious burn injury at your house barbeque party or a broken hip or leg during a group hiking expedition at any time. Alternately, while walking on the street, you could also find a stranger suddenly collapsing due to a heart attack. Wouldn’t it be your moral responsibility to tackle action immediately to save his life or alleviate his suffering? That’s why undergoing such courses is essential to save lives and to end suffering. It’s just a measure to tackle life’s unexpected and unpredictable calamities.