Chair and sofa slipcovers are great for giving worn-looking furniture a fresh new look. If your room could do with a makeover, fitting some ready made slipcovers over your sofas and chairs is a quick and easy way to transform the look and feel of a room without much hassle or expense. Here are 8 good reasons to use slipcovers:
1. Furniture covers come in a range of sizes and shapes, to fit all kinds of seats, including recliner and wing chairs, sectional sofas, loveseats and ottomans.
2. Stretch slipcovers come in a choice of durable fabrics that are also soft and comfortable to sit on. Popular materials include twill, denim and faux suede.
3. Most sofa and chair slipcovers are fully machine-washable, so they are easy to care for. With a slipcover protecting your upholstery, there’s no need to worry about accidental food or drink spills, or dirty marks made by pets or children.
4. There’s an enormous selection of colors and patterns to choose from, so you should be able to find a slipcover design that looks fantastic with your décor.
5. Slipcovers offer an affordable way to coordinate mismatched furniture, or blend in your sofas and chairs with a new color scheme if you’ve decorated or moved house.
6. Semi fitted slipcovers are really simple to put on, fitting snuggly over your existing upholstery for a smooth, wrinkle-free finish. They’re held in place with elastic, zippers or ties and can give furniture a smart new image.
7. Slipcovers can be changed within minutes, giving you the freedom to alter your room’s appearance in an instant. You may like to keep several sets of slipcovers to change according to the seasons. Or you could have one set for everyday use and another for special occasions.
8. As well as couch, recliner and wing chair slipcovers for use in the family room or den, there are all sorts of dining room chair slipcovers, which enable you to dress up your everyday dining chairs to impress if entertaining guests, or protect quality upholstery from wear and tear.
If you’re looking for a way to give your home a makeover without blowing your budget, then some inexpensive slipcovers could be the solution.