The affliction of piles or hemorrhoids goes back as far as written history. Ancient records of both Egypt and Babylon show that doctors were familiar with this malady, and in particular does the Bible tell about them. Are you suffering from them? What can you do? Can you treat them by yourself?
First at all, you need to understand what piles are and what are the possible causes?
Piles are swellings or dilatations of the veins in the anus; actually varicose veins at the lower end of the large bowel or rectum. Basically, there are two kinds: internal and external piles. When complications arise, they may be quite painful and perhaps may rupture, causing bleeding. Among the factors charged by some with bringing on piles are excess use of spices, vinegar and coffee. A most likely basic cause is a hereditary weakness that makes one a good candidate for piles. It is believed that constipation and straining when having bowel movements are to blame in a large measure for the prevalence of piles. But, conversely, an acute case of diarrhea can bring on an attack of complicated hemorrhoids. Inability to relax the muscles in the anus may also bring them on, and this, in turn, may well be caused by modern man’s improper eating habits. Additionally, piles are one of the common complications of pregnancy, due apparently to increased intra-abdominal pressure brought on by the enlarged uterus.
What you must do at home to get rid of hemorrhoids?
1) The first recommendation is to exercise if yours is a sedentary occupation. Moderate aerobic exercise, such as brisk walking 20 to 30 minutes a day, can help stimulate bowel function.
2) Be sure to eat plenty of food that has high residues. Foods that do not have high residues are those largely made with white flour, also white or polished rice, spaghetti and chocolate. Eat sparingly of these foods but plenty of those having high residues, such as bran muffins, whole wheat bread and whole grain cereals. Also, eat plenty of leafy and other vegetables, especially celery and cabbage. Eat baked potatoes with the jackets and fruits with their peelings such as apples, peaches and suchlike fruits.
3) Take time. When you feel the urge to defecate, go to the toilet immediately. Don’t wait until a more convenient time! Stool can back up, leading to increased pressure and straining.
4) Sitz. A sitz bath is a warm water bath for the buttocks and hips. Sit down in a regular bathtub with a few inches of warm water 20 minutes two or three times a day. It will relieve itching, irritation, and spasms of the sphincter muscle. Afterward, take care to not rub or wipe the anal area.
5) Sleep with legs raised. Finding a way to sleep overnight with your legs elevated help decreasing the blood pressure on hemorrhoidal veins.
6) Herbal Medication. Made of medicinal plants, herbal medication helps to prevent and treat disease such as piles. Butcher’s Broom and Horse Chestnut are two medicinal plants which have the property to increase the strength and tone of the veins.
Putting in practice these 6 simple recommendations will have a positive effect to shrink your piles. There is a very nice program that teaches an ultra-simple series of remedies that can help you very much. If you want to start soon as possible an effective cure that works quickly take a few minutes right now to read the natural treatment of hemorrhoids review.