Looking for the perfect gift for the sewist or quilter in your life? Look no further than Janome computerized sewing machines. These machines make sewing both simple and complicated projects a dream. Read on to find out why everyone from beginning to professional sewists rave about Janome sewing machines and why Janome products are such popular gifts.
What are computerized sewing machines?
A computerized sewing machine actually has a computer and often a monitor display built into it. This computer controls nearly every function of the machine from the feed dog to the needle assembly.
As a result, these machines are able to position the needle moving it from right to left and up and down at incredible speeds with the utmost precision. Additionally, the motorized work area holds your fabric in place under the needle assembly further increasing accuracy and uniformity.
The stitches (of which there may be 300 or more depending on the model and brand) are stored on disks or cartridges that you simply load into the machine for your particular project whether it is embroidering, quilting or just plain sewing. In some of the better models, you can even connect the machine to your home computer for downloading patterns directly from the internet onto your machine.
Why do people rave about Janome computerized sewing machines?
Janome’s computerized sewing machines range from sewing and quilting machines to embroidery machines and sergers. In effect, they meet all of your sewing needs from basic to professional. Here are a few reasons why people fall in love with their machines.
- Janome computerized sewing machines are both quiet and powerful.
- This is not a fly by night company. The brand has been around since the 1920s. Janome, a Japanese word that means “eye of the snake”, has become synonymous with sturdy, reliable construction in the sewing industry.
- Janome’s computerized machines boast 1,000 stitches per minute. This helps you get your projects finished quickly.
- Advanced technology that simplifies many processes such as one-step button holes adjustable for almost any button size (some models have more sizes available than others), automatic seam rippers and needle threaders, and even re-threading bobbins without removing the thread spool.
- Janome machines evenly stitch through almost any thickness of fabric and can go back and forth between several layers of thick fabric and back to thin without lots of hassle and fidgeting trying to find the right tension. The computer does it all for you.
- Because they answer “every question you could have about the machine”, the detailed manual and YouTube videos won’t leave you in a lurch even if you run into a problem while sewing at 2 o’clock in the morning.
- You get a lot of bang for your buck. These machines are far more reasonable in price than high end competitors and many believe they outperform them as well.
There are many more reasons why sewists love Janome computerized sewing machines and why they make such a popular gift. So whether your wife wants to take up a new hobby, your mom wants to replace an old machine that is on its last leg or your son or daughter just got graduated from the Fashion Institute of Technology, they are going to love their new Janome sewing machine.