You might or might not have experienced wearing men’s jockstrap underwear. Moreover, it is a possibility that you have tried them for either of the purpose – fashion or athletic. Looking at the past of the manly apparel; they were introduced for the bicycle jockeys in order to be protective men’s underwear for the privates. For a very long period of time, they were used by sportsperson for sports like volleyball, football, soccer and others. A few decades back, it was felt that jockstraps for men should be made for fashion purposes as well.
Keeping intact the conventional use of the fashion underwear style is also used to woo the partners as well as feel supportive and sexy as the same time. Let us look at the advantages of the traditional pair.
• Comfortable: The men’s fashion underwear from the different brands is made with high quality fabrics for better comfort down there. The pouch has a snug fit that lifts the crotch to an elevated position, keeping it safe from chafing and abrasions.
• Sporty: Many brands manufacture fashion jockstraps for pleasure purposes as well as athletic jockstraps for playing or rigorous activity purposes.
• Enhances profile: Jockstraps are meant to keep the manhood supported and in that due course, it enhances the anatomy to a position where it is visible under the pants.
• Manly: The physical appearance of jocks is very manly and appealing. The style is a perfect balance of support and comfort while the colors, designs and pouch options available range from very manly and diversified to pieces with a slight touch of feminism.
With all the advantages, it is very important to see the other side of the coin as well. The following are the disadvantages of the sporty apparel. However, where there are disadvantages, there is a solution to it. You can surely read the cons but do not get disheartened because there are ways to prevent it.
• Jock Itch: Jock itch is caused by the overgrowth of the ‘tinea cruris’ fungus in a man’s groin area. When the privates sweats, it is commonly occurs and looks more like rashes. The rash may spread out from the groin folds to the thighs, scrotum, penis and buttocks. A jock itch rash is comprised of small red bumps, and the rash generally has sharply-defined edges. Jock itch can be highly uncomfortable.
• Wrong size: This is another problem that guys face while being in a pair. If you buy the wrong size of the apparel, you are in serious trouble. Jock itch is another problem lead by the wrong size with other problems like rashes, uncomfortable feeling, and some more.
How to prevent it?
• Keep it dry: The private area tends to accumulate sweat easily. So, once you take bath clean the entire area properly and make sure it stays dry. One can use talcum powder if the moisture persists.
• Wear loose clothes: Tight clothes as well snug fit undergarments may lead to the jock itch. Try considering boxers or more revealing styles such as men’s thongs or men’s g-strings that don’t rub against the skin. Another option is to go for cotton or nylon underwear.
• Keep clothing clean: A fresh pair of clean undergarments every day is a must, and workout clothing should be washed before worn again.
The jockstraps available in the market today are designed with fashion in mind and they accommodate all tastes and likes. When looking to buy the best jockstraps in the market, the material is something that you will need to select carefully as it can largely determine how comfortable you end up feeling.