Exotic leather men’s fashion is most luxurious and highly sought-after – but some exotic leather is more suited for fashion. The color, finish, and type of exotic leather all have fashion zeal in their own unique way. Here are how some exotic skin make their way into men’s fashion:
1) Crocodile and Alligator Skins – If there ever was a standard for mens exotic leather fashion, crocodile and alligator set the standard. Inch by inch, a luxury grade alligator or crocodile skin scores the highest points on any fashion scale. Crocodile and alligator skin enhance the luxury appeal of goods like watch straps, wallcoverings, upholstery garments, belts, luggage – all with a high level of durability that lasts for decades.
2) Stingray Skin – Ultra-durable stingray leather has a look that is instantly recognizable by the leather connoisseur and equally attractive to those who haven’t seen it before. Stingray leather is very pliable and one of the strongest leathers in existence – having been used in ancient times for armor and sword grips. Stingray has a stippled texture that shines, making it ideal for flashy wallets, belts, boots, and wall coverings.
3) Snake and Python Skin – Snake skin embodies all qualities remarkably different from humans in almost every way and also have a strong male allure to them. Finely crafted jewelry, garments, boots, wallets made of python skin are long-lasting and attractive and can come in almost any color.
4) Ostrich Skin – Ostrich skin is a truly exotic leather with one of the most interesting feature – a soft oil finish (that gets softer over time) and a “pocked” surface. A high quality ostrich skin will have no holes in its pocks, and can be tanned in any color for well-suited luxury applications like car upholstery, wall coverings, and more.
5) Lizard Skin – While not suitable for garments, nothing emanates high-end style like a pool cue, upholstered car interiors, wall trims, and veneers. It’s also common to see Lizard coupled with Crocodile and/or Ostrich for fine footwear.