I am still laughing about Charlotte ranked 9th most miserable city to live by Forbes magazine. As you may know if you read my earlier post, I disagreed with Charlotte’s ranking. Of course my opinion has a lot to do with where I came from and I actually live south of Charlotte in small town called Tega Cay, SC.
I thought about the conversations Carmen and I have had with friends in the neighborhood over the last year and why they moved to our area. All of our neighborhood friends decided to relocate to the area. So I decided to put together a list of the top ten reasons on why our neighbors and of course Carmen and I live in the Fort Mill or more specifically Tega Cay, South Carolina.
The Top Ten Reasons We Live in Fort Mill/Tega Cay, SC (not ranked in any order):
1. Moderate weather year round.
2. You’ll find miles of walking trails.
3. Centrally located – the Appalachian mountains are approx a 3 hour drive to the west and the Atlantic beaches are approx 3 to 4 hour drive to the east
4. There are several quality golfing communities.
5. There are many city parks and sports complexes including baseball, soccer, tennis, fields, YMCA facilities and Leon Springs facilities.
6. Fort Mill schools rank very high in the state and have received many national education awards.
7. The area has a small town atmosphere but located just a few miles south of a much larger city Charlotte, NC.
8. Located near or on a recreation Lake Wylie with fishing, boating, swimming, etc.
9. Friendly people.
10. A bonus last year – Property taxes were lowered for most home owners in 2007.
I could come up with many more. How about you?